Steam Trap Surveys
Keep Your Trap System Running Efficiently
Steam trap surveys test and document the operational status of traps, utilizing both ultrasound and temperature differentials. Survey documentation details a complete trap inventory including location, type, and application engineering. Survey reports also include a full economic analysis (return on investment) and recommendations for specific trap improvements.
Qualified Technicians Avoid Post Installation Troubles
Steam trap installation is performed by qualified, fully experienced water system technicians. By utilizing our experienced specialists you avoid post installation problems. Additionally, experienced installation teams ensure minimized downtime. Making use of Complete Water Solutions installation resources allows you to maximize your resources by not taking valuable maintenance or operation personnel off of your core operations.
Steam Traps, Repair Parts & Components
Complete Water Solution is an independent steam trap survey and repair company which gives us the ability to perform unbiased surveys and recommend the optimum solution for our clients regardless of the manufacturer. When it comes to steam traps we carry all the standard types of steam traps: thermostatic traps, thermodynamic traps, float and thermostatic traps, and inverted bucket traps.
Scope of Work for Steam Trap Survey
- Evaluate and document trap station noting the following components – isolation valves (inlet and outlet) inlet strainers, blowdown valves on the strainer, outlet check valves (if needed), trap station bypass.
- Tag trap with sequentially numbered stainless steel tag and wire hanger.
- Document traps location, application, steam pressure, manufacturer, model and technology of trap. Pipe size and trap sizes, connection type, inlet and outlet temperature and comments about existing installation are also documented.
- Test operational status of trap using a combination of ultrasound and temperature differential.
- Provide complete report noting entire results of survey, including synopsis of results (Traps tested, leaking, plugged, not in service, etc.)
- Provide return on investment calculation. This includes the cost of the survey, replacement steam traps for those traps found to be plugged, failed closed, leaking or failed open, estimated labor to install the replacement traps. The return on investment is based on the estimated costs associated with the traps found to be plugged, failed closed, leaking or failed open.
- A detailed formal report outlining findings and recommendations as well as a full inventory of the steam traps is the final product of the steam trap survey. The report includes all of the items above and is available electronically, hard copy or both.